Wednesday 9 July 2008

Better

I rode Echo yesterday, for the first time since she had her wolf tooth taken out. I didn't push her too hard, but asked for correct bend in walk and trot - and it was so much easier!

She felt soft and easy in her mouth and didn't feel like she was fighting me. She was still a little more stiff to the right, but we are still dealing with the problems with her right stifle, so I was never expecting miracles. The good thing is that we are making progress. And she'd had a week off but was still sane and willing to cooperate. Maybe the stroppy mare potion is working...

I've also been riding her with a gel-pad under her saddle when I have a thinner numnah on - she seems to go better in this. This is the summer of BIG improvements!

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Congratulations on all your achievements. I'm sure her mouth feels better.

Pony Girl said...

It's always good to know that your horse is more comfortable. Sure makes working with her easier for both of you!

Gecko said...

Great to hear Echo (have I told you I LOVE that name?!?!!) is feeling and working better after getting those teeth out, it's always hard to put your finger on exactly what's causing problems but hopefully that's what was causing most of the problems you may have been having. It probably feels different for her and it'll probably take a few rides for the bit to feel normal without those teeth, sortof like when you get braces off or teeth pulled ourselves!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news then :)

Daily adventures while training my young horse.