Sunday 1 June 2008

Weekend silliness

Well, after my successful lesson on Friday, I have had to give Echo the weekend off as I have come home to see my parents. With any luck she will be thinking over the things we learned the other day and will have decided that it is a good idea to fully engage the hindquarters. One can always hope...

My brother is a keen film maker - he's only 15 but has just made his fourth feature film. A little sickening. Anyway, when he is around, a camera is never far away. We were messing around with my dog in the garden, getting him to catch balls and jump over stuff, and Nicholas made a lovely video of him. With the lack of anything horsey to blog about, I thought I'd share this with you. I am already trying to arrange for him to come and visit over the summer and make a really nice video of Echo. I had better not sing his praises too much though, or he'll start charging.

This is my beautiful black and white dog, Jeff - one half of my little black and white family!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice video! I'm actually rather jealous of your brother's accomplishments!! :D

Grey Horse Matters said...

What a cute pup, he looks like a lot of fun and he sure has a lot of energy. Your brother is a very good filmmaker. You should have him take some video of you and Echo.

Callie said...

Nice video, what a fun puppy!

Rising Rainbow said...

Boy, having someone in the family who is great with a video camera is really a plus.

Pony Girl said...

That was a great video! Cool song (Chili Peppers, I believe?) loved the slow motion clips. What kind of dog is Jeff? I love his color and look. By the way, was that your house in the background? Looks like a castle or something! ;)

Suzie said...

I know! I am so lucky to have a brother with a camera - he's going to come and stay in his summer holidays hopefully, and make a really nice video of Echo and me.
My dog is definitely full of energy - he's a collie x terrier and so has all the stamina and inteligence of a collie and the persistance and playfulness of a terrier - makes for a pretty bouncy combination!
He's actually nearly 2 would you believe - still acts like a puppy though.

Worry-wart said...

Wow when i read all your entries I was half releived for I am having the SAME problems! My horse is 5 year old quarter horse, 3 weeks ago he appeared to be so stiff almost lame. But he seemed to get better. I realised when I got some advice froma few people he looked stiff not lame and that he wasnt engaing his right hind leg and I need to really get him to not drag his hind quarters and rush through the front. With more work he seemed to get better but when I gave him a day off, disaster! He was tripping alot in his hind elg so much i thought we would fall, i felt him very sore and expecially on the right rein coming in through corners he was uncomfortable. I called a vet and she told me that he could be arthritic which soundeed crazy to me for such a young horse. She explained the worst i can do is give him days off, and if i do give hima day off he will most liekly be sore the following day. I am surpsied also for a horse who appears so stiff, my horse doesnt jump fences but i have put him on a lunge line and he took off and he has so much energy at times to burn I worry when i let him hahve a run in the arena he goes crazy, wouldnt a horse thats sore know its sore and NOT push itself? Anyways i am going to start working him every day more about engaging his hind end for everyone i have asked said he is not in pain, just stiff and needs to stretch it out. I also may start him on a joint suppliment but unsure of which is best.
Anyways also the canterleads i had same problem about him picking up the wrong one, the shoulder in definatly helps my coach told me same trick and we havent had a problem since.
Keep me updated

Daily adventures while training my young horse.